Old May 30th 07, 08:37 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,sci.electronics.misc,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Mad Scientist Jr Mad Scientist Jr is offline

Default motherboard LED connectors and posts?

Thanks for your reply.

I tried searching for LED connectors and get LEDs. I want the
connectors and posts, not replacement LEDs for a motherboard.

http://www.mouser.com/search/refine....=led+connector

What are these known by? If you can name some specific parts that
would help narrow my search, because I'm getting several
categories...

- LED Light Pipes & Mounting Accessories (81 Matches)
- Pin & Socket Connectors (198 Matches)
- Pin & Socket Contacts (17 Matches)
- Terminal Blocks (16 Matches)
- Terminals (93 Matches)

I just want the one pin connector type, with a wire attached, and the
post it would plug onto (which you mount or solder onto the PC
board).

Thanks...

On May 30, 2:51 pm, Conor wrote:
In article .com, Mad
Scientist Jr says...

Does anyone know where you can order motherboard LED type connectors
and posts like these

http://estore.asus.com/images/14-000014000.JPG
http://www.pctechguide.com/images/tu...DConnector.gif
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/directron/wircon7b.jpg
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/imageview.php?image=628
http://www.infohq.com/Computer/CompG.../accessorycons...
http://www.pcper.com/images/reviews/285/install03.jpg

Preferably at a good price, as I am looking to buy a bunch (a couple
hundred).

I have seen 2 or 3 pin connectors are pretty common on motherboards,
but I am mainly looking for one-pin connectors, if available.

I would imagine the posts may just come in strips of wire that you
would cut yourself?

Correct. Any electronics hobbyist store should have them.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........