Old May 30th 07, 02:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
homepc homepc is offline

Default timer recording radio

http://tinyurl.com/modo

I use this free program with good results.

I don't have it, but many people tell me that Total Recorder is a
wonderful piece of software for this. I think it costs under $20 for
the basic version which is more than most people will ever need.

For me, I keep the radio in on position tuned to frequency I want. My
digital timer turns the radio on/off when I want it to. Program is
recorded onto a Sharp mini-disc recorder which is sitting in stand-by
mode waiting for input from the radio. You need a radio with an old-
fashioned mechanical on/off switch to work for this. Radio timer can
also work, but I find many of them limited....only leaving the radio
on for 60 mins when you may want more time to record.