Old May 30th 07, 09:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jim Kelley Jim Kelley is offline

Default Determining Total Gain of an Antenna

art wrote:

Cecil,
I am questioning the bundling of radiation with respect to
Poyntings vector and the polarization of the far fields.
Ofcourse any mathematical analysis must start with the
application of current and resulting movement of flux ala
Pointings vector. However I have yet to see an explanation
how this mathematical function is impacted upon by the
polarisation desired. Even if this is a misinterpretation
of what is in the books the poster is at least entitled
to a explanation of the effect of circular polarization
and how this impinges on Poyntings vector in a mathematical
sense. How else can we attract newbies to the hobby?

I wouldn't worry about it, Art. The poster wanted to know how to
properly combine e-fields in order to calculate the induced voltage on
an antenna. I'm sure by now he's figured out that asking a
mathematics question on a ham radio newsgroup is a waste of time. I
expect the answer would be found in Jackson.

73, ac6xg