Old May 31st 07, 04:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Irv Finkleman Irv Finkleman is offline

Default Not much of an antenna per Cebik

art wrote:
On 30 May, 11:17, Irv Finkleman wrote:

art wrote:

On 30 May, 09:27, "Jimmie D" wrote:

"art" wrote in message

legroups.com...

I read a comment attributed to Cebik where he stated that any
antenna that is not 1/4, 5/8, 1/2 or 1 wave length is not much of an
antenna !
This is a false statement especially when one considers an antenna

Art, why is it that you make statement like this and never give a reference
to where you got it?

Why is it that you also continually do what you do?
I read it on E ham which is why why I used the word "atributed"
You can always read up on Cebik's pages but what is important to you,
the relevant antenna facts or who to point your finger at?
Art

E-ham is a pretty big site. Can you direct us to where you read it please?

Irv VE6BP- Hide quoted text -

Irv, you are correct when you stated it was a big site!
I spent a lot of time reading readers comments until my eyes glazed
over.
It was like reading every quabble from our own archives for the last
twenty years.
I think I will have to read the Cebik articles for myself and trace it
down that way
which will be much more educating. I am glad however that I used the
word "atributed"
rather than stating it as a fact. I will continue with this progect
Regards
Art

OK Art - Thanks for taking the trouble. Hopefully you'll find it, and next
time rememer to note the source -- even if you are just attributing a
statement. To those reading it, or at least myself, an attribution is
as good as a fact when you are trying to learn. When we find out who
attributed that statement to Cebik (who I hold in high regard), we can
perhaps learn where he got the information, or how he got misinformed if
such is the case.

Irv VE6BP