Old May 31st 07, 04:34 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,sci.electronics.misc,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Rick Frazier Rick Frazier is offline

Default motherboard LED connectors and posts?

I think you might be looking for something that was called "daisy chain
jumper wire" way back in my wire-wrap days. It came as a spool of
flexible, stranded insulated wire about 24 guage or so, with an
insulated single pin socket every 5 inches or so. You just counted off
the number of jumpers you wanted to interconnect, and snip them off of
the roll. The sockets fit over standard .025" square posts quite nicely
and allowed testing minor modifications without wrapping on new wires.

They had a multitude of uses. I still have some leds and other things
with single 5" wires attached to each leg (each with it's own socket at
the end).

I haven't even looked for this stuff for years, and know I hava a half
roll tucked away in a box somewhere. If I could only find it I'd at
least have a part number and manufacturer to provide. I'll see if I can
dig it out sometime in the next couple of days...

Good Luck
--Rick

Mad Scientist Jr wrote:
Does anyone know where you can order motherboard LED type connectors
and posts like these

http://estore.asus.com/images/14-000014000.JPG
http://www.pctechguide.com/images/tu...DConnector.gif
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/directron/wircon7b.jpg
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/imageview.php?image=628
http://www.infohq.com/Computer/CompG...essorycons.jpg
http://www.pcper.com/images/reviews/285/install03.jpg

Preferably at a good price, as I am looking to buy a bunch (a couple
hundred).

I have seen 2 or 3 pin connectors are pretty common on motherboards,
but I am mainly looking for one-pin connectors, if available.

I would imagine the posts may just come in strips of wire that you
would cut yourself?

Much appreciated...