Old June 1st 07, 09:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default Water burns!

On 1 Jun, 13:15, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

oups.com...

On 1 Jun, 11:51, John Smith I wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:

We know that e = mc^2 All we need is a method
for conversion of ordinary mass into energy.

Cecil:

Absolutely!

However, I am much more interested in converting energy to matter.

Be nice to have a little machine in the backyard converting sunlight
into gold!

NO, I am NOT talking about gardening marijuana. grin

Regards,
JS

John
DO do you think that Americans are not interested in experimenting any
more because
if anything new comes about that is usefull we can hire the engineers
from India
who have already done the research? Actually it seems that it has gone
beyond that
when you see the outcry against the Gaussian antenna or even boiling
water.
Do Americans really believe really believe that all is known and it is
a waste of time
to experiment? That if you are educated under the American system you
have the
ability to determine before hand what will work and what will not
work?
As an immigrant I was asked by the media the other day do I believe
that immigrants
that do the work that Americans wont do have a different aproach to
life?
I pointed him to read this newsgroup and make up his own mind , but I
also did tell
him to look up history to see how past Empires were lost, but I am not
sure
that he got my point
Art

and just how do you know who on this group was educated where??

maybe those of us educated under the 'American' system have enough common
sense to recognize snake oil when we see it??

A question for you... when was the last time you saw some really new
invention that wasn't eventually proven to be fraud or bad science announced
first on a usenet news group??? or on a tv news show???- Hide quoted text -

David,
I pointed him to this newsgroup because I considered you and others
with your
level of education and aproach to life was typical of the average
american.
If he read thru the this particular thread for instance I would allow
him
to figure out for himself from the educational responses the level of
education.
As for fear of the new or experimentation I suspect he would be as
baffled as I am tho I am sure he can recognise arrogance when he sees
it.
I pointed out to him what some of you see yourselfs as being the best
of America,
frankly I believe I did a diservice to the America of old, and
immigration
of the sciences from other countries is our only hope Check what Roy
has to say
with respect to the education of the masses, he considers himself to
be of
a higher level and more qualified than most that allows him to be a
judge.
Art