Old June 1st 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Water burns!

Mike Kaliski wrote:
So there is definitely something significant about the 3 Cm wavelengths used
in microwave ovens and interaction with water molecules at that frequency.

From Wikipedia:
"Cooking food with microwaves was discovered by Percy Spencer
while building magnetrons for radar sets at Raytheon. He was
working on an active radar set when he noticed a strange sensation,
and saw that a peanut candy bar he had in his pocket started to melt.
Water, fat, and other substances in the food absorb energy from
the microwaves in a process called dielectric heating. Dipole
rotation is the mechanism normally referred to as dielectric
heating, and is most widely observable in the microwave oven
where it operates most efficiently on liquid water, ..."

I never realized that rotating my dipole was contributing
to global warming. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com