Old June 2nd 07, 12:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default Gaussian antenna planar form

On 1 Jun, 15:25, (Richard Harrison) wrote:
Art wrote:

"When you refer it to a "mucked up Yagi" you must understand that the
Yagi is primarily set up to focus available radiation by redistribution,
where as with a Gaussian there is no focusing or relaying of energy by
coupling."

Words fail me. Without redistribution, there is only a point source.
More than one source is necessary for the radiant energy to produce
gain. It is immaterial whether the energy gets to a second source by
conduction or radiation. Interaction between the energies of more than
one source is essential for gain.

Focus is convergence of energy and is the stuff gain comes from.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Your last line is all I understand of your posting and I would
agree with that line. With respect to the rest your words they
fail me to.You are getting more like the other Richard every day
I will not even try to explain equilibrium to you as you are
incapable and are having to many senior moments.Seems like your
posting is a collection of line quotes taken from
different books on different subjects
Art