Old June 2nd 07, 04:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tom Ring Tom Ring is offline

Default Gaussian antenna planar form

Richard Clark wrote:
On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 12:31:23 -0400, "Jimmie D"
wrote:
"Richard Clark" wrote in message
Why does a gaussian array need 10 elements to get less?

Has there ever been a definition of a guassian array. From the best I can
figure ART just claimed it otbe a bunch of random lengths mounted on a boom
but every time I see a model he presents its just a mucked up yagi.

Hi Jimmie,

The definition of a gaussian array, by "theory" is something that
changes to fit the occasion (or it could be said to be a new work of
science that is still in progress).

The definition of a gaussian array, by performance, is an inferior
antenna that is more difficult to erect than the relatively mundane
example of the NBS Yagi. I didn't pick the NBS for its spectacular
performance (there are better designs), I simply picked the first
model available so as to not waste time (yet again).

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

An NBS beats it? Those are considered to be the absolute dreck of the
VHF and up antenna world.

Anyone could compete with this bunch. Would be a perfect government
contract.

tom
K0TAR