Old June 2nd 07, 06:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Jack Schmidling Jack Schmidling is offline

Default A Homebrewer's Blog

W3JDR wrote:

Sounds like the rumblings of a grumpy, stodgy old fart!

Could be but the rumblings happen to be my opinion and the man asked for
opinions.

No matter how wonderful a blog could be, the problem still remains of
getting people to read them. Everyone knows how to find interest groups
on usenet and yahoo but how the hell does anyone find his blog a week
after he announces it? It vanishes into the blogosphere. There are
millions of them (perhaps billions) out there but only a minuscule
fraction of that number with any following at all and even fewer with
lots of readers.

His key words would be "home brewing".... Google it and see how long it
takes to find him unless you happen to know his name but that's
cheating. Actually, you will find hundreds of sites that sell our beer
making equipment before you get to any ham radio sites.

I did it and cheated. Turns out he has lots of web pages so it makes
the blog even more pointless. How is it any better than a web page?
The one or two comments certainly do not justify the extra work... does it?

js