Old June 2nd 07, 06:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default Gaussian antenna planar form

On 1 Jun, 10:24, "Dave" wrote:
"Jimmie D" wrote in message

"Richard Clark" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 08:03:09 -0700, art wrote:

From the above one can see that approx 15 dbi is the most
that can be expected from a forced inline array with the pattern
of radiation staying constant showing that max efficiency has
been reached. I will leave it to others to give their take on the
above
listing.

Hi Art,

With 2 minutes of modeling (and using the only 3 element yagi model
offered by EZNEC for FREE), I got 15.14 dBi.

Why does a gaussian array need 10 elements to get less?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Has there ever been a definition of a guassian array. From the best I can
figure ART just claimed it otbe a bunch of random lengths mounted on a
boom but every time I see a model he presents its just a mucked up yagi.

Jimmie

you got it. except art claims some kind of 'equilibrium' between the
elements... but then only 1 feed point, so it is basically a random
parasitic set of elements acting like a bad yagi.- Hide quoted text -