Old June 2nd 07, 02:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Steve Steve is offline

Default RF Caused By SDR-IQ

On Jun 2, 8:04 am, Ian Jackson
wrote:
In message . com,
writes

On Jun 1, 10:39 pm, "RF Caused By SDR-IQ"
which may be of interest to those who own or may purchase an SDR-IQ. The
purpose of the group is to exchange information about RFI caused by the
SDR-IQ and how to reduce or eliminate the RFI.

Even with the link; it still makes little sense;

http://www.rfspace.com/sdriq.html

Why the hell don;t these guys tell us SDR stands for Software Defined
Receiver..

receiving Sonar and Sound ? Listening to Bats ?

- Why post here..

Who are these guys selling this thing to ?

Thanks for the 'Software Defined Receiver'. I suppose it's obvious to
those in the know.

Being an analogue sort of person, I'm a bit of a dinosaur when it comes
to these newfangled devices, but it certainly looks interesting.
Unfortunately, all things digital tend to generate radio frequency
interference, and it takes a lot of design skill to make them usable.
Undoubtedly, the designers of the RDF-IQ will have taken this into
account.

As this is the rec.radio.shortwave NG, it makes perfect sense to
publicise this 500Hz to 30MHz receiver here. Free samples to all our
readers?

Ian.

Well the humble little TenTec RX320D on my desk doesn't seem to
generate any irritating noise. It just does its job reliably and
without complaint.