Old June 3rd 07, 03:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] mcdonald606a@yahoo.com is offline

Default Handheld Shortwave Portable, no SSB needed, which is the best?

On Jun 2, 9:46 pm, RedPenguin wrote:
I want to get a small shortwave radio, that I can use like a walkman.
I was looking at the Grundig Mini 300PE for the price at my local
radio shack, which is only $30. I notice it had no SSB but I really
don't need SSB, at least not for a walkman type, but if there is SSB
for a portable, I guess I will take it. Should I go with this portable
or no?

I want a nice cheaper radio, under $50, that I can listen to FM, AM,
and SW. I like Radio Habana Cuba, and want to listen to other stations
also. I want a digital readout of what frequency I am on, not 100%
analog, because then I can't see clearly what frequency I am on.

Should I go with this radio, or would there be a better choice that
covers more frequencies, as it looks like the Grundig covers 7 bands.

Got to be the Degen DE1105

http://www.radiointel.com/review-degende1105.htm

- a bit more than you're $50,( S / H) but quite a bit of radi for the
size and price ..

1,000 memories; Double reductin..

- check it out . . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-DE1105-FM-MW...QQcmdZViewItem