Old June 4th 07, 12:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith I John Smith I is offline

Default Trying to find out what Ferrite material this is.

wrote:
i do would that help me with my mess of ferrites?

1) Is your junk drawer supply good?

2) Got a freq counter?

If you answered yes to the above, build a simple 1 transistor
oscillator. Wrap a few turns on the toroid, and shunt it with a know
capacitance. Read the freq of the oscillator, using a chart available
on the web, note the capacitive reactance of the cap value in ohms.

Since capacitive reactance = inductive reactance in ohms at resonance,
it is now a simple matter to translate in the inductive reactance of the
torrid coil into uh/mh--using the osc freq and a chart from the web ...

Warmest regards,
JS

Since