Old June 4th 07, 02:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Danny Richardson Danny Richardson is offline

Default Trying to find out what Ferrite material this is.

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 23:10:10 GMT, Owen Duffy wrote:

I won't address defensive posts by others who seem to have chosen to
ignore my qualification "When talking about ferrite or powdered iron
cored inductors of reactance over 200 ohms".

Owen, are you trying to pull a Cecil or Art by changing the subject of
the thread? If you recall, this thread was about identifying an
unknown ferrite core. For that purpose *any instrument* capable of
measuring Zmag less than 200 ohms will work fine - even one that is
restricted to less than 100 ohms.

I 'm not defending the 259 as I use something else here that can
measure impedances greater that 20K, but that high range servers no
purpose if I am looking a impedances less than 100 ohms.

Danny, K6MHE