Old June 4th 07, 02:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Denny Denny is offline

Default Water burns!

Dammit!!! I accidently bumped the mouse and the cursor was over the
'send' box and I was not ready to post my ramblings...

Anyway, to continue... This plasma guy... His demonstration is
interesting, but nothing else... Plasma production by RF is well known
and understood not necessarily by me personally, but I can read...
Plasma generators are used heavily in the silicon chip industry and
numerous other industrial applications (coating glass, etc..) We have
spacecraft using plasma thrusters also called ION engines in flight,
with more planned for launch by various countries...
As I commented before, notice the characteristic color of the flame,
it is sodium ions being heated that an college chemistry 101 student
will instantly identify on sight...
A hydroxy flame is invisible... I use hydroxy torches and they are a
pain because you can't see the flame and you have to wear special
glasses to both visualize what is going on and to prevent UV eye
damage...
So, I am not belittling this person but I do not so far see anything
new or unknown there... And like others on here, I am aware of the
basics of physics and I do not see the potential for energy gain from
his process... Perhaps on a spacecraft with abundant DC energy from
solar cells it might be a handy source of open flame for other uses...

denny / k8do