Old June 4th 07, 08:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
charlie charlie is offline

Default 6 Metre Conundrum

wrote:

Easy, the 17m element is acting as an EDZ (1.25WL) doublet in 6m
and likely the other wires are by luck canceling the reactance at the
feed point. An EDZ is a nonresonant antenna but very effective if you
can manage the feedpoint resistance and reactance. It has some gain
over a dipole.

I use a wire antenna about 24ft long with a matching section detailed
in
WWW.CEBIK.COM under feeding theEDZ and it's setup as a 6m
(50.16 center frequency) antenna with a 50ohm feed. Works very well
at a height of 25ft. It's also useful as a dipole at 17m due it its
length and feed. It's not as good as a three element beam but it's
broad beamwidth is useful for spotting.

Allison

Allison,

Thanks for your reply to what was my second post covering the same
issue, see "50MHz Antenna Conundrum" above. I guess that I allowed
the occasional senior moment

Charlie.

--
M0WYM