Old June 6th 07, 03:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Proctologically Violated©® Proctologically Violated©® is offline

Default Radio reception, fm,am

Good info.

You bring up another interesting point--
Just how is the radio itself connected to the car body/aerial antenna?
Simple ground?

So many wires going to this radio, not entirely clear what's going on.
What I thought was positive and negative wires turned out to be two
positives!!
And both necessary!
Hate to tell you how long it took to figure *that* out!
There are *two* ground wires, which look like shielded antenna wires. Who
knows.....

I will look for that tuning screw. Is it insulated?
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

all d'numbuhs

"John Smith I" wrote in message
Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
*Finally* accomplished said task, and, big big bummer, the reception of
the car radio in my shop/garage is even worse than my home
radios/stereos!
Yet, this *same radio*, when I used to park the car this very same
garage, had great reception.

Been decades since I have taken a car radio and placed it in a cabinet
with its' own speaker(s), power supply, etc. and created a "Miracle
Kludge."

However, if I remember correctly, I found the same as you, poor
reception--until I tuned the antenna adjusting capacitor (was a hole on
the back of the radio turned with a screw driver.) It then turned out to
be the most sensitive am set I ever owned (well, for one without a
long-wire antenna attached.)

The antenna is part of an "antenna system" of which, the car body is a
part with much influence ... ditch the car body and you have to readjust
the antenna.

Regards,
JS