Old June 7th 07, 01:51 AM posted to sci.electronics.components,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,sci.electronics.misc,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,alt.engineering.electrical
Ian Malcolm Ian Malcolm is offline

Default quick-connect jumper wires / plugs ("daisy chain jumper wire"or similar) ?

CWatters wrote:

"meerkat" wrote in message
Wire wrap at RadioShack ?

http://www.me.umn.edu/courses/me2011...wrap/wrap.html
or in Britain,
Maplins

From his earlier question I think the sockets are important. I think he's
really after a 2 pin socket (0.1" pitch) ready crimped onto leads. Perhaps
double ended to connect a panel mounted LED to a 2P 0.1" pitch PCB mounted
header? Not sure why he doesn't make them?

My preference was always a strip of 0.1" pitch turned pin socket pins
with ribbon cable soldered into the socket side. A little hot glue or
electrical grade silicone RTV sealent at the breadboard or PCB end and
judicious use of heatshrink at the component end provides strain releaf
if required.

Plug streight in to breadboards *WITHOUT* ruining the contacts, but
sufficently durable that the mods I did to my Sinclar QL nearly 20 years
ago using this connection methor are still totally reliable in operation.

ianm[at]the[dash]malcolms[dot]freeserve[dot]co[dot]uk [at]=@, [dash]=- &
[dot]=.
*Warning* SPAM TRAP set in header, Use email address in sig. if you must.