Old June 18th 04, 05:34 PM
Mike Andrews

Mike Andrews wrote:
wrote:
R. Scott,

Looking at the Supernews website I see that they offer their service
to ISP's. How would one find out if their ISP uses them? I don't see
much spam, but I haven't been active here for long. As you can tell
from my e-mail address I use Charter, but the notvalid is because I
don't use that e-mail account. I use my University account which has
descent spam filters. (I know that Supernews doesn't do e-mail, I was
just curious)

The best, and probably the easiest, way is to ask your ISP.

Apologies for following up to my own post, but I find that this Person
from Porlock^WPoland is trying to send mail to me. The two I got from
him, before I put up a sendmail rule to deny him access, were as fully
incomprehensible as anything I've seen him post to any group.

If you run your own mailserver, then something like this (sendmail-
specific) may be in order:

where the tab represents a tab character.

Similar rules for the other E-mail addresses given in his mail to me
might prove useful:

If you don't run your own mailserver, but can pre-emptively declare
certain addresses to be undesirable, then you may want to consider
doing so with all three of these.

--
Mike Andrews

Tired old sysadmin