Old June 7th 07, 06:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann Brenda Ann is offline

Default FCC releases rule allowing night AM IBOC

"American Insurgent" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 4, 10:37 am, John Mayson wrote:
On Sun, 3 Jun 2007, wrote:

A few weeks ago at tvpredictions.com I read that there might not be
enough hd converters for analog tv when that big hd tv switch over is
suppose to happen on Feburary 17, 2009. (Katrina all over again)
cuhulin

I can't get over how few people I know, some of them engineers, know this
is even coming. I personally can't wait for millions of TV sets to go
dark, but hey, that's just me. :-)

--
John Mayson
Austin, Texas, USA

Wal Mart still is selling analog CRT TVs out the wazoo, they have
about a dozen different brands. Whoever is in charge of merchandising
in Bentonville doesn't know about it either. The weird thing is, Wal
Mart just remodeled the electronics sections in their stores to wedge
in flat screen TVs, and ended up with a huge section devoted to CRTs
and about six different flat screens, most of which are TFT (analog)
sets. I saw that and thought, boy are they gonna be sorry. They also
gave the heave ho to the cheap HD converter they were selling before.
Guess the profit margins weren't high enough for the Arkansas suits.

According to law, there should be NO analog-only TV's over 13" being sold at
this time. All TV's over 13" diagonal measure are supposed to have digital
(not necessarily HD) tuners as of March of this year. I don't know whether
they're supposed to be able to use 480i/p, 720p or 1080p. I suspect the
480i/p.