Old June 9th 07, 08:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bryan Bryan is offline

Default Cleaning an aluminum antenna

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
I have Cushraft 2m vertical antenna made out of aluminum. It has been
sitting out in the weather for 10 years and could use a good cleaning.

Anyone have any suggestions for common household products that would
do the job?

Thanks,

Geoff.

John suggests lye (caustic soda). Jimmie suggests mag wheel cleaner
(diluted phosphoric acid). Both should be handled with appropriate gloves
and eye protection. I suggest you use Scotchbrite (or other scouring
implement) with soap & water... it works well for me.

Bryan WA7PRC