Old June 10th 07, 04:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II

On Jun 9, 10:56 am, wrote:
You can see my original review of the RF Systems DX1 Pro in the
equipment section of dxing.info below. This active antenna
malfunctioned
after six years of
outstanding operation and was returned to Holland for repair. It was
received back and re-erected on June 1st 2007 and had been upgraded to
the
Mk II version.

My impressions of the Mk II is that it is even quieter and more
sensitive
than the original. It's suppression of suburban RFI is outstanding and
I am
able to receive clearly very weak and far distant DX with ease. I can
compare it with my PAORDT Roelof mini-whip and Datong AD-270 active
antenna's. It is substantially quieter and more sensitive than either
of
these, really in a different and much higher class of it's own.

A sampling of recent catches over the last few days:
10320 khz AFN Pearl Harbour, a 3 kw TX 18,600 km's away
1540 khz ZNSI Bahamas 12,100 km's distant
234 khz RTL Luxembourg 9,400 km's away.
Plus many other exotic catches.

I can highly recommend this active antenna to anyone who is unable to
erect
a decent wire antenna. It may be expensive, but it is the best and you
will
enjoy years of superb reception that will soften the shock of the high
initial price you paid for it.

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
RX Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
BW XCR 30, Sangean 803A.
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop, PAORDT Roelof mini-whip
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

JP,

Nice to know that RF Systems stands behind their Products.
Especially since you had the Antenna in-service for 6-Years.

enjoy your radios and good future dxing ~ RHF