Old June 10th 07, 08:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
JeroenK JeroenK is offline

Default RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II

On Jun 9, 10:56 am, wrote:
able to receive clearly very weak and far distant DX with ease. I can
compare it with my PAORDT Roelof mini-whip and Datong AD-270 active
antenna's. It is substantially quieter and more sensitive than either
of
these, really in a different and much higher class of it's own.

Could you tell a little about the needed ground connection? I understood
that this antenna does need a good ground.

initially I had interest in this antenna as I'm located on the top of a
apartment building I don't have access to good ground, and I cant erect
a wire antenna either. To top things off, we don't even have lightning
rods I could use for ground or lightning protection...

Yesterday I lowered my PAORDT mini-whip by 1,5 meter (was about 4 meters
high above the roof) and that made the signal MUCH cleaner.

--
JeroenK