Old June 11th 07, 10:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Bigger RFI threat than BPL, IBOC?

Bruce Atchison - author wrote:

Greetings;

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. If the energy stays near the
coil, how would it interfere with HF?

How are you going to get it to "stay near the coil" and still couple
any energy into the other end? In fact, at that frequency it is
impossible to get much efficiency, so that majority of the RF will be
radiated. According to the article, the made id a whole six fet. To
double that distance, they would have to put four times the energy into
the system. There is enough inefficient crap on the market already. If
that idiot can't remember to charge his cell phone, then he doesn't need
it. If he's that absent minded, he shouldn't be allowed to drive, or
maybe be allowed out of his house.

This smells of a MIT practical joke, to see how many idiots bite
before someone blows the whistle, like:

http://www.dhmo.org/

It would be interesting to learn more
about the science behind this research. It would be interesting to have a
shortwave radio at the lab and hear what happens.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida