Old June 11th 07, 05:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Hammondlover Hammondlover is offline

Default Kaito 1103 SSB

On Jun 11, 8:13 am, Roadie wrote:
On Jun 7, 2:16 pm, Hammondlover wrote:

I have a Kaito 1103 whose SSB doesn't work all of a sudden. I turn it
on and it is real quiet. I don't hear any heterodyning or static and
when I copy HAM, I don't hear it when the SSB is switched on.
From your description you can "copy HAM" signals so it's working, but

just very quiet. Check to see if the signal attenuator is in local or
dx. Don't forget that the af gain (volume) has to be increased in ssb
mode.

Thanks guys it's working now.