Old June 12th 07, 02:29 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Dave Ferguson[_2_] Dave Ferguson[_2_] is offline

Default BCD396T Piece of junk or am I missing something?

The user's manual that came with it is probably the worst manual I've
ever read. Only today I found out about squelch. The manual said to
set the squelch, but it didn't explain what squelch was and what to
set it to. So, I put it in the middle when I tried the scanner and
left it there.

I would love to give it another try, but I am very sceptical now
unless I can see somebody show it to me in my area...

Best thing I can tell you is to check the forum for California
http://www.radioreference.com/forums...splay.php?f=37 and place a
request for help.
I'm positive you will find someone close to your area who would be willing
to give you a hand..

Dave