Old June 12th 07, 05:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Yuri Blanarovich Yuri Blanarovich is offline

Default Beverage Ant. at ShortWave freq.

"John Smith I" wrote in message
Cecil Moore wrote:

If the gain in the desired direction is unaffected
and the gain in the undesired direction is reduced,
what is the downside?

Cecil:

I didn't imply that there was not a desirable phenomenon occurring with
this antenna, just that the sheer idea of wasting any amount of rf in a
lossy component was repugnant to me ... and, if I were to run a vlf or ulf
xmitter, I'd probably have to reconsider and run one. These days it is
80m for late night chats, and usually shf.

Regards,
JS

....and the idea that they argue other, more serious things :-)

JS, really, read something about the Beverage and then offer your comments,
or better ask questions if you don't get it..
It is a RECEIVING antenna, and people "waste" power in resistor in Rhombic
antenna if they want to reduce the back lobe.

73 Yuri, K3BU.us