Old June 12th 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
[email protected] theunissen@comcast.net is offline

Default BCD396T Piece of junk or am I missing something?

Maybe you should have ASKED how to use it BEFORE
returning it ...... seems pointless to ask things now.

As I mentioned, nobody knew anything about it at Fry's. I asked the
whole department, but nobody who knew anything. If I knew the unit was
good I would have put more time and effort in it. The manual doesn't
provide any basic setup steps. Goes rimmediately into describing the
systems: trunking, digital, etc... I did experiment for almost half a
day. No luck. I did read the manual from the beginning, but very
vague. No explanations except for the simple things like volume
control and how to charge it. All preprogrammed systems where pretty
much useless to my area..

next time, try reading the manual ( completely), look up
frequency information ( on line or in books ), experiment
a little ( if you program something wrong, you didn't really
do any damage ), and then ASK questions BEFORE you
return it.

These new scanners are not plug and play, they are getting
quite sofisticated, and you actually have to learn about all
the new technology ( being used in the scanner and about
the systems they are trying to receive )

I understand now. I'll give it another try.

Thanks.