Old June 12th 07, 11:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap
pltrgyst pltrgyst is offline

Default Kenwood R-5000 with RS-232, level converter and Int'l Radio 6kHz filter

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 17:14:57 -0400, BDK wrote:

First, it's none of your business what the seller asks -- if you don't like it,
don't bid on it.

LOL, you need to relax, and calm down. I'm assuming you're the seller
maybe? If not sit down and chill a little.

I have no idea who the seller is. I'm just sick of all the price cops who go
hand-in-hand with all the USEnet cops. What someone asks for an item is nobody's
business but his own. If it's too high, it won't sell. Period.

Since the TS850S is a much better receiver than a R5000 (if you dispute
that, well, it's your opinion alone, for the most part), AND has a 100
watt transmitter in the same box, it should be worth more.

Possibly not to someone who wants only a receiver.

I've owned 2 R5000's. Nice audio, but $700 is just not a realistic price
for a 20 year old, or close to it, receiver that runs very hot on AC
power.

That might be true -- but so what? Is it your mission to save the suckers of the
world?

If so, why not start right here in Washington DC? I can introduce you to
thousands of them...

-- Larry