Old June 13th 07, 03:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Daxiuyi Daxiuyi is offline

Default Suggestions for an Indoor shortwave antenna to go with a Sony SW7600GR

G'day everyone,

I've got a Sony SW7600GR, and it's been going great guns for me for
the past 4 years or so. I now feel that I'm ready to take a step up
and try using a more powerful antenna (atm I'm just using the supplied
wire loop antenna that couples onto the whip antenna). Unfortunately I
live in an apartment complex, so that rules out outdoor antennae
*sigh* I also don't feel I have the necessary confidence to build my
own antenna at the risk of frying my radio (which would be very
difficult to replace - can't seem to find anywhere in Australia that
sells them anywhere).

I'm thus looking at the Sony AN-LP1, Kiwa Pocket Loop (with PRM) or
the AOR LA380. Now all are quite pricey, so I want to make sure I get
the right thing! Does anyone have any recommendations as to which ones
might offer the best performance? All three have been quite positively
reviewed, I'm just wondering which one out of the three might work
best with my receiver...

Daxiuyi
Sydney, Australia

PS: Have searched this group on this issue and while people have
recommended the Sony, it's always been in comparison to other window
loop antennae. I can't find any comparison between it and the Kiwa and/
or AOR. Also some of the comments on this have been a few years old,
and was looking for a fresh perspective