Old June 13th 07, 06:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
BDK[_2_] BDK[_2_] is offline

Default Kenwood R-5000 with RS-232, level converter and Int'l Radio 6kHz filter

In article ,
says...

BDK wrote:

In article ,
says...
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 03:24:31 -0400, BDK wrote:

In article ,
says...
That's the "Buy it now", not the reserve.

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 17:18:04 -0400, "Paul Zak" wrote:

$700 reserve price, wow!

Still too high, I paid less than that for a nearly mint Kenwood TS-
850sat recently.

First, it's none of your business what the seller asks -- if you don't like it,
don't bid on it.

LOL, you need to relax, and calm down. I'm assuming you're the seller
maybe? If not sit down and chill a little.

Secondly, "too high" depends on whether or not it sells at that price, not your
(or my) opinion.

Please get a life. If you aren't the seller, why are you so upset?

Thirdly, the price of one Kenwood has very little to do with the value of a
different model.

Since the TS850S is a much better receiver than a R5000 (if you dispute
that, well, it's your opinion alone, for the most part), AND has a 100
watt transmitter in the same box, it should be worth more.

I've owned 2 R5000's. Nice audio, but $700 is just not a realistic price
for a 20 year old, or close to it, receiver that runs very hot on AC
power.

I'm not so sure about the 'very hot' part. I've had one, didn't run hot, nor does the
Drake R8 series which some think run to hot...

...and now, back Michael Savage.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I guess the mods to move the regulators to the outside were just for
grins, right? I had two of them, and they ran way too hot on AC power
for my tastes. Those regulators were super hot. If you would have taken
the cover off, it was more than obvious. I wonder how many R5000's
failed due to one of those regs cooking itself to death.

Michael Savage? Holy ****!

BDK