Old June 15th 07, 04:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
msg msg is offline

Default Online Homebrew HF Receiver

msg wrote:

Homebrew online HF receiver located at approx. lat. 46.8,
lon. -92.1 is now accessible at:

http://www.cybertheque.org/homebrew/rcvr

I would like to clarify how my online interface is
different from the 'web controlled receiver' RCSweb
(N30EA) interface commonly used for Internet access,
which may make it worthwhile to take the time to
configure a SIP client to hear the audio. The
RCSweb interface posts commands from web forms to
the radio to make settings; the user fills out a
form and waits for the results to appear at the
receiver, often the user must 'reload' the web page
to see if his settings were honored. Most often
the audio is streamed using mp3 encoding and
suffers from buffering delays of many (up to 30)
seconds as well as network QoS latencies. There is
no provision for hands-on tuning as you would do
if you were physically at the receiver.

My interface provides an interactive hands-on receiver
tuning and controlling session; there are no forms to
fill out, no page refreshes required and no waiting or
latencies for settings to take effect. The audio is
streamed in real time so that you immediately hear
the results of your control of the receiver.

My thanks to those who will try this and provide some
feedback of their experiences.

Regards,

Michael