Old June 18th 07, 02:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bob Loblaw Bob Loblaw is offline

Default 11m & 10m Open Last Night...Why Not Tonite?

I have an E5 too. 10 and 11 meters were active a few hours ago here. I was
hearing some beacons from FL.
I would guess it's sporadic E propagation.

"Bill" wrote in message
. ..
Need to ask the experts...

I listened last night with my Eton E5 on the whip and 11 m was extremely
active. I received CB'ers in NC which is hundreds of miles away from me
here in so. NJ. 10 meter hams were also all over the place.

Tonight...both bands are dead.

Just curious what is different from Saturday PM to Sunday PM here in the
east coast?? Ionosphere conditions are reported as Normal/Quiet so what
am I missing?

Thanks,
--Bill in Ocean County, NJ