Old June 18th 07, 04:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
onealjn onealjn is offline

Default Best FM receiver for my purposes

RHF wrote:

Second - The FM Antenna :
For you more difficult Radio reception areas use
a pair of TV Rabit Ears {basic FM Dipole Antenna}
or a simple 300 Ohm TV Twin Lead "Folded Dipole"
Antenna.

TIPS - Try a short wire connected to the Whip Antenna
of the Radio to :
* Metal Window Frame
* Metal Desk or File Cabinet
* The Center Metal Cover Screw on an Electrical Outlet
-Or- Wrap a few turns of Telephone Line
around the Radio's Whip Antenna

Iane,

Thank you for the tips on how to improve my reception. I appreciate
the detailed info and hope it will add to my listening enjoyment not
matter what radio I decide to buy.

Jason