Old June 19th 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] nm5k@wt.net is offline

Default End-feeding dipoles

On Jun 18, 4:09 pm, Jim - NN7K wrote:
One other thing, I see, is that End Fed Dipoles
have a extremely high impedence, and hence a very
HIGH VOLTAGE (altho at little current), unlike
center-fed dipoles. Might make insulation
problematic to prevent arcing . Can generate
hundreds (if not Thousands) of volts, at the feed
point! Jim NN7K

Then you have to have a pretty good tuner..
Along with whatever losses it provides..
I avoid tuners if at possible. None of my
everyday antennas use one.
I have a 989c, but I mainly use the wattmeter,
and switch..
The tuner itself sees little use. Probably has
spiders inside.. :/
MK