Old June 18th 07, 10:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Joe Analssandrini Joe Analssandrini is offline

Default Indoor Anjtenna

On May 21, 4:12 pm, "dt" wrote:
What is the best indoor SWL antenna I can get?

boomer

Dear "Boomer,"

The "best" you can get? That depends on the use to which you wish to
put the antenna. For travel and for use with portable SW radios around
the house, the Sony AN-LP1 Active (Loop) Antenna would be an excellent
choice. If you were able to find, on the used market, an AOR WL500
(Active) Window Loop, that antenna performs even better than the AN-
LP1 but is much less convenient to assemble, take down, and carry, if
it is to be used for traveling.

For use in the home with an expensive portable SW radio, such as the
Eton E1 or the Grundig Satellit 800, or for use in the home with ANY
tabletop communications receiver, the absolute "best" active SW
antenna which can be used indoors, in my experience, is the Wellbrook
ALA 330S (Active Loop Antenna). I HIGHLY recommend this antenna. Note
that, for this particular antenna, "indoors" means "attic" (unless you
have a particularly sympathetic and tolerant significant other).

Best,

Joe