Old June 19th 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Where d'ya find carborundum powder?

Uncle Peter wrote:
Carborundum was a man-made product produced in electric fired furnaces
in the New York region IIRC.. I have a few examples ofearly carborundum
fixed
detectors in my collection. Whether the product is still being commercially
produced is another thing, but it did exist at one time...

It is still being commercially produced, and like most other materials today,
most of it comes from China. Moyco sells several grades for abrasive.
--scott