Old June 20th 07, 09:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected][_2_] barnegatdx@aol.com[_2_] is offline

Default SSB

On Jun 18, 11:30 am, Bob wrote:
Hello,

I am new to SW and have recently purchased a ka1103 radio. It seems
to work very well, but I have trouble with SSB. I live in NY and I
don't seem to be able to pick up SSB. I am trying some of the The
SSB USB (AFRTS) frequencies listed in the SW schedule from a
magazine. I tune to the frequency, switch to SSB and then try to fine
tune into a broadcast. I just can't seem to pick anything up. Could
it be the radio or isn't there a strong enough signal? How can I
determoine the reason?

Thanks

Bob:

try this.. !

http://www.primetimeshortwave.com/america.txt

- also 11.175 USB ;

- And a random wire antenna . . ( 20 feet of wire, taped to your
window )

http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx...ire/index.html

- check out WBCQ ( 7.415) and WCCR ( frequency unknown )
for all Sorts of unusual stuff; espcly on weekends . .

- More here..

http://www.worldofradio.com/dxld4023.txt