Old June 21st 07, 06:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] spwan9@gmail.com is offline

Default New table radio to challenge Tivoli

On Jun 21, 12:50 am, Roadie wrote:
On Jun 20, 9:55 am, " wrote:

I am very active in a Chinese radio discussion board, I am lucky
enough to be one of the only few people who got a chance to review the
engineering model of VAL R-301 radio. The biggest surprise to me is
the sound, it has a very warm and tube-like sound only heard from
vintage European radios, the bass is
relaxed yet powerful, better than the tight bass available from
Tivoli.

For features, it has FM/AM band, FM stereo available from a satellite
speaker, and a real mechanical timer!

Yes, I know it doesn't have Short Wave but if you do not listen to SW
and want a good sound, R-301 is not a bad choice.

I have created a group on Yahoo and put a few pictures there, if you
are interested, you can have a look athttp://groups.yahoo.com/group/Valradios/

Nice looking retro styling. Questions: Who is it available through.
Does it cover AM band to 1700khz.- Hide quoted text -

I heard the model will be available in US and Europe, so pay attention
to your local retail. The AM band is only up to 1600 Khz unfortunately.