Old June 21st 07, 12:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Denny Denny is offline

Default End-feeding dipoles

To further add
to the mix, I suggested he tie the tuner to the fence line and
backstop.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

That was canny advice, Richard... The top rail of the fence and
backstop 'could' have been an NVIS antenna - which will get you
smokin' reports out to a few hundred miles...
I do this routinely for Field Day with a horizontal loop for 80 meters
being strung about 20 feet high over a low, wet, fertilized field next
to a river... The guys run QRP off a battery and are amazed how they
can break pile ups... I have never bothered to point out to them that
the vast majority of their contacts are within a 500 mile circle...
They are happy and I believe in ignorance being bliss...

denny / k8do