Old June 21st 07, 08:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default End-feeding dipoles

John Smith I wrote:
I think he means a half-wave monopole is quite possible (I use 'em all
the time!), and a half-wave dipole can exist with each leg being 1/4
wave ... both (having in common) being a half-wave antenna.

"Pole" can have two different meanings in this context.
A physical fishin' "pole" is different from an electrical
or magnetic "pole". Seems the word "pole" requires an
adjective to define the context for antennas.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com