Old June 22nd 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,comp.dsp
Richard Owlett Richard Owlett is offline

Default Software Defined Radio DSP choice / sizing

Vladimir Vassilevsky wrote:

Why don't you start learning DSP with something simple like FIR or IIR
filter?

Vladimir Vassilevsky

DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant

http://www.abvolt.com

Probably because he finds a "Software Defined Radio" to be fascinating.
I know that's my motivation for applying fft's to speech and GPS errors.
I'd lay odds that the majority of scientific/technical progress is due
to amateurs. { please check your etymology before opening fire ;

Think about bio's of ancient Greek philosophersetymology;, membership
of Royal Society(astronomers particularly came to mind), Einstein,
Goddard, Avins, Lyons, Allnor ... thru eons of grad students and even
some professors with Phd's.