Old June 24th 07, 09:21 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Scott in Baltimore Scott in Baltimore is offline

Default Need help wiring a slip seat box

2step wrote:
Hey everyone, I was wondering if a single cigarette lighter plug in
would be enough to power my cb, 50 watt stereo with 2 speakers, XM
reciever and a cigarette lighter plug for my phone.

I drive several kinds of trucks but most have only one cigarette
lighter plug in. The Mack's I drive have 3 plug ins.

Does anyone know off the top of their head how many amps this
equipment together would pull?

Thanks in advance.

You better use the biggest lighter plug you can find and keep it clean
or it will get damn hot and burn up. Check the tip once under load.
See if you don't burn your fingers. You are asking for noise and
intermittent connections in short order with a lighter plug for any
application over a few amps.