Old June 25th 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Duncan Duncan is offline

Default Performance review: DE1121 vs. DE1103

On 25 Jun, 15:26, Roadie wrote:
On Jun 25, 9:41 am, Duncan wrote:

On 25 Jun, 14:07, Roadie wrote:

On Jun 25, 8:43 am, Duncan wrote:

On 13 Jun, 21:50, Roadie wrote:

On Jun 13, 1:48 am, wrote:

Duncan Ross (from Scotland) wrote a very entertaining comparison of
theDE1121and DE1103:http://simart.googlepages.com/de1121de1103.htm

Worth a read!

--
Art Simon
/artsimon

Thanks for posting. After reading it I'm at a complete loss as to why
the author chose theDE1121over the DE1103 unless he was looking for
a way to satisfy "masochistic tendencies".

Hi Roadie!

I chose the DE1121 because on a crowded band like 49m it outperforms
the DE1103, makes unattended recordings and the RDS-esque way that
station names appear as you tune into them while browsing regardless
of band is a sockdologer.

And I'm a masochist.

And according to your writeup, that explains it.

Best regards,

Duncan

Don't knock it until you've tried it! (both sentences) :^D

D.- Hide quoted text -

I have tried your writeup. And I remain puzzled by your conclusions.

No probs. Mini review just for you;

DE1103: fab sensitivity FM, MW and lack of FM images, simple UI
(except for volume control), unhelpful memories, good speaker, amazing
value for money. Very swish tuning, hopeless clock.

DE1121: improved AM selectivity, almost identical SW sensitivity, USB
connection, excellent memories, poor speaker but non-existent noise
floor, idiosynctatic UI. MP3 stuff.

DE1103 slightly better technical spec, DE1121 does everything and
copes with crowded bands better. Buy both and you'll probably sell the
DE1103 first as the DE1121's plusses outweigh its minuses.

Really really mini review: No clear winner.

Happy listening!

D.