Old June 26th 07, 03:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brian Hill Brian Hill is offline

Default (OT) Black holes do not exist

"Christy D" wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 07:07:13 -0700, bpnjensen
wrote:
On Jun 25, 3:19 pm, "Brian Hill" wrote:
"bpnjensen" wrote in message
And, black holes do not exist.I never have believed they exist.It's
all
phoney Baloney.

Gee, that's harsh - ol' Albert Einstein has been right, so far, about
everything else in his Theory...

Black holes are no longer theory but fact.

BH

Now this I have not heard. Can you provide a citation? Since they
cannot be observed directly, and are (at their closest) many tens or
hundreds of light years away, how can this be stated with certainty?
I realize that certain phenomena cannot be explained without them, but
that does not make them factual as of yet...

Einstein didn't believe in black holes himself and was always troubled
by the concept. Recently, Nature published an article about George
Chapline, a physicst at LLL, who thinks that a black hole is in reality
a "dark energy" star. The Nature article is available on the web at
http://www.nature.com/news/2005/0503...0328-8_pf.html

The existence of black holes is therefore far from being an established
fact

I guess we can argue about symantics but they do exist. Our interpretation
may change over time.

BH