Old June 28th 07, 12:22 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
WA2SI WA2SI is offline

Default 11-Meter Beacon Still Going Strong!

Wow,

I posted this solely to rec.radio.cb because it clearly was an 11-
meter related subject, however, the reply was then cross-posted to
rec.ponds, ba.broadcast, rec.radio.amateur.policy, alt.autos.mini and
rec.radio.shortwave... I wonder why? Oh well, I've corrected that.

On Jun 19, 2:36 pm, "Cubit" wrote:
When I was a kid, this was the frequency used by all of my toy walkie
talkies.

Why would someone put a beacon on channel 14?

The best answer to that query is "because they can." I have much more
respect for folks who are willing to "find a way" to legally
accomplish a goal rather than acquiesce to the naysayers, who very
rarely accomplish much of anything.

Vy 73 de Bert
WA2SI