Old June 30th 07, 05:35 AM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default AM electromagnetic waves: 20 KHz modulation frequency on an astronomically-low carrier frequency

In rec.radio.amateur.antenna Radium wrote:
Hi:

Please don't be annoyed/offended by my question as I decreased the
modulation frequency to where it would actually be realistic.

I have a very weird question about electromagnetic radiation,
carriers, and modulators.

Is it mathematically-possible to carry a modulator signal [in this
case, a pure-sine-wave-tone] with a frequency of 20 KHz and an
amplitude of 1-watt-per-meter-squared on a AM carrier signal whose

The fact that you specified the modulation in W/M^2 immediately
says you don't know WTF you are talking about and the question
is meaningless.

You can AM modulate any frequency 0 Fc infinity with any other
frequency 0 Fm infinity.

Whether it's physically possible or results in massive distortion
is a separate issue.

snip inane crap

--
Jim Pennino