Old June 30th 07, 05:52 AM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless
Don Bowey Don Bowey is offline

Default AM electromagnetic waves: 20 KHz modulation frequency on anastronomically-low carrier frequency

On 6/29/07 9:30 PM, in article
, "Radium"
wrote:

On Jun 29, 9:15 pm, John Smith I wrote:

Radium wrote:

WTF are you thinking when you describe the 20 Khz signal as, "a
pure-sine-wave-tone] with a frequency of 20 KHz and an
amplitude of 1-watt-per-meter-squared"

One square meter of copper wire squared, a squared meter of modulation
xfrmr ... ?

Sorry that should be 1 X [10^-6] Watts-per-m^2

http://www.glenbrook.k12.il.us/GBSSC...nd/u11l2b.html

1 X [10^-6] Watts-per-m^2 is about the loudness of a "normal
conversation" according to the above link.

F-------------------king typos!!!!!!!!!!

Your question sounds like one of a high school physics student
attempting to ask a seemingly logical--yet complex question, and of no
real world value.

Your ability at obfuscation is only mundane ...

If what you say is true, you have an interest, what is the purpose of
your question?

My basic question is if I have an AM receiver which receives signals
on a carrier frequency of Fc, is it mathematically-possible for me to
receive a modulator signal -- on that station -- of a frequency higher
than Fc? If not, then why?

What is the design bandwidth of the "fixed frequency" receiver?

When you say "modulator signal" do you mean a sideband of the transmitted
signal, or do you mean at least one sideband and the Carrier, or do you mean
the Carrier and both of it's sidebands?

It would be good if you would attempt to understand AM modulation, and
generally some of the factors of receiver design.

If not, then how are the submarines which
use ELFs [Extremely Low carrier Frequencies around 3 to 30 Hz] able to
perform voice communications?

Why do you believe they use voice communications on the ELF system?

I just stretched the question out to astronomical extremes. I have a
habit of doing that.

You have a habit of appearing to be an idiot each time you do it.