Old July 1st 07, 07:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,comp.dsp
[email protected] john@feith.com is offline

Default IF Freq for SDR sampling

On Jul 1, 6:44 am, MarkAren wrote:
The BF537 EZ-KIT Lite + AD7763 for less than US$180 looks like a
brilliant deal to me, but won't you need I as well as Q channel ADCs ?

The intent would be to implement a digital downconverter in the DSP.
That of course begs the question of how much horsepower is necessary
to implement a DDC? I know people are doing it using FPGA, however
I haven't seen anyone doing it using a DSP.

Another option would be to insert a AD6620 which is a digital down
converter.

-- John